Required documents for landlords
You must sign a Legal Description of Property-Owner/Landlord Affidavit that will remain on file.
Legal documents acceptable as proof of ownership of property rented by Township clients:
- Quit Claim or Warranty Deed – recorded with the Lake County Recorders and Auditors Office.
- Contract of Sale – recorded with the Lake County Recorders and Auditors Office.
- Title Company Policy – Properties purchased within (90) days
- Trust – Name of Trustees notarized and proof of ownership
- Management Agreement – notarized and proof of ownership
- Landlord Notification Letter – issued from Investigative Inquiry Department
- Social Security Card – for new landlords
- IRS EIN Confirmation Number – for new business/corporations
Current paid tax receipt must be presented before placing any property on the vendor list.